How to make homemade yogurt without yogurt maker
This is the magic formula, the incredible recipe for you to learn how to make homemade yogurt firm or liquid without yogurt maker.
I love dairy! Among them the yogurt, since it is super versatile and has excellent benefits for our body . If we consume it in ideal quantities and with the correct combinations, we will absorb calcium, reduce our cholesterol and even act as a generator to create tolerance to lactose.
This is why I think it is a good idea to learn to prepare Homemade yogurt , in addition to cooking at home should be part of our personal goal to lead a healthier life.
Before starting this recipe, I was a little doubtful, because there are so many ways of making homemade yogurt and of course, there are family recipes. And all, absolutely all (including that of my mother, grandmother, aunt, cousin) proclaim themselves "the best". This caused me great grace but at the same time it gave me a lot of confidence to know that I have so many options to prepare it.
Finally I decided to prepare a recipe that would allow me to make yogurt with a firm or liquid consistency (according to my whim), Make it quick, with less effort and ingredients and most importantly; without messing up my kitchen.
I noticed that they all used two ingredients: milk (powder or liquid) and commercial yogurt. But they had something slightly different in the way of heating it because they did it at room temperature, oven or fire. However, the objective is always the same; achieve the ideal temperature and consistency you want in your yogurt, as do the yogurt makers.
I used the following recipe and achieved a rich result, so I recommend them.
How to make homemade yogurt
What will you need?
- A plastic or glass container that is deep enough to leave a space between the yogurt mixture and the surface of the container. This space is at least two or three fingers.
- Adherent plastic paper, in case the container has no lid, you put the paper.
- A thick kitchen towel , large enough to wrap the container.
- A plastic bag, to place the cloth and the container.
- If you want a firm yogurt, use half a liter of full liquid milk or skim long lasting or long life. If you want a slightly more liquid yogurt, use a liter of liquid milk.
- 200 - 250 grams or full firm or non-fat yogurt.With this recipe you can make it firm or liquid. Simple, delicious and good for your health! Servings 6
- 1/2 n> liter full or skim milk
- 250 grams of firm yogurt
- Put skim milk in a pot and heat with fire, until it starts to boil.
- Then, pour it into the glass or plastic container with the commercial yogurt jar and stir until there are no lumps.
- Cover the container with the nonstick paper or a lid and wrap it with the cloth and finally the plastic bag, with a simple mooring.
- Let it stand for 24 hours, placing it in a stable place, where the temperature is kept dry, for example your oven without temperature or a cabinet of your kitchen, to favor the necessary fermentation process.
I used half a liter of skim milk, This is why the consistency of my yogurt was firm.It is also worth using honey bees.
- Easy breakfast: put some yogurt on toast and put strawberries in it.
- You can make yogurt ice cream.
- You can also use your homemade yogurt to make a dessert free of guilt with pieces of dark chocolate and peanut butter.
- Make a ranch dressing with garlic and fresh parsley. Spread it with slices of avocado, you will die of pleasure. Here are some salad dressings that include yogurt
- Use it as an ingredient in pasta sauces, as it is a great substitute for bechamel cream.
Do you have more ideas? How to use homemade yogurt in the kitchen? Share them in the comments!
By: Nathaly Arrage