Tom Kha Gai recipe: Thai coconut soup
Learn how to make the famous Thai soup Tom Kha Gai . A culinary delight from Southeast Asia that will seduce you with a festival of flavors between sweet, spicy and salty. And the most important; you will continue to eat super healthy.
Many have considered that this soup of coconut milk is "boiled medicine" and that all its ingredients are completely natural.
We will mention some of the benefits of three of its ingredients:
- Lemon grass, lemon grass, malojillo or citronella: It is a natural diuretic, has properties that help to stop infections in the urinary tract, intestine and wounds. li>
- Jeginbre: Stimulates the circulatory system, facilitates the absorption of nutrients and is excellent to prevent dizziness.
- Coriander: It gives energy, lowers blood sugar and increases insulin production.
This is excellent for people suffering from insulin resistance!
This Thai soup is recommended as a dinner, but you can really make it as a lunch or take it in the middle of the afternoon .
Their calories are few, yes, coconut milk should not have sugar. It is super important that you use this product with natural ingredients and without added sugar; the coconut is a fruit with high energy and sweet value, it does not need anything else.
Do you want to make coconut milk at home and thus have a totally natural ingredient? Follow our recipe:
- How to make coconut milk
How to make Soup Tom Kha Gai
Now, what will we need? (For 4 people):
- A root of lemon grass, cut lengthwise
- A piece of young ginger (1-3 cm)
- A chili (red pepper) cut, without seed
- A branch of coriander
- 400 ml of coconut milk
- 150 gr of skinless chicken breast, Shrimp or turkey. You can do it with any of these proteins
- One and a half cups of chicken or fish stock
- Two cups of mushrooms cut in half (canned or raw)
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- 4 lemons
- Place the cut root of lemon grass in a saucepan, with the ginger cut into thick pieces, chili, coconut milk and a cup and a half of chicken or fish broth.
- Cover the pan, put it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the rest of the ingredients, boil them all until the protein is cooked.
- Finally put the leaves of the coriander branch and cut a lemon half for each diner, in case you want more acid flavor and you will be ready to serve.
- You will see that this Tom Kha Gai soup will be ready in less than 20 minutes, you will be amazed with its flavor .
By: Nathaly Arrage