Squid with onions, step by step
Squid lovers and also onion lovers will find their perfect dish with this recipe: calamari with onions .
Particularly, I am a lover of the dishes they use that type of preparations: the onion, the garlic ... I find that they are the most delicious recipes that exist, but at the same time they do not hide the taste of the main ingredients. On the contrary, they stand out.
Onions squid recipe
Squid onion, or baby squid with onions, obtain their characteristic flavor thanks to certain very tasty ingredients: wine, broth from Fish, onions and of course, the calamari. You might think that this combination of ingredients would end up not being harmonious, but on the contrary, it is a flavor bomb.
As we have mentioned, to prepare this recipe we are going to need some fish fumet, as base for the sauce. If you want to achieve a really homemade recipe, I recommend you start by preparing this ingredient, with our recipe of fish broth or stock.
You also have the option of adding a diced tomato in small cubes to the recipe. This is already optional.
Squid with onions, homemade recipe
Preparing the squid for cooking
If for some reason, when you start this recipe only has squid complete and not cleaned, we leave here this link:
How to clean and cut the squid.
Or if you prefer in video:
More squid recipes
We hope you enjoyed preparing our recipe for calamari with onions.
If you are interested in preparing this ingredient in other ways, I recommend the following recipes:
- Rice with squid: in Spain and throughout Latin America we are lovers of paella, arroz a la marinera and similar dishes, prepared with rice and meat. In this case, our recipe proposes a rice only with squid, abundant and very tasty.
- Squid in its ink: the cooks who love squid have to know, at least, a way to prepare them in their ink . This is our way, and we assure you that it is one of the richest and easiest.
- Easy stuffed squid: just like our onion shrimp recipe, this dish of stuffed squid is a flavor bomb, which combines ingredients of the sea and the earth.
- Squids with Peruvian chili: an alternative to the seasoning of Spanish dishes with an emblematic ingredient of South American cuisine.
- Roman squids: the classic battered squid served in the bars. They are magnificent.
If you liked our recipe, consider the idea of sharing it on your social networks 😉